Monday, February 22, 2010

● 18 Speaking of ... Exactly what you wanted to hear. Again.

Today I had dental surgery to remove a wisdom tooth. I’ve been dreading it, and was rather shaky as I sat in the chair. The dentist pushed four shots of anaesthesia to my lower jaw and chin, and the jaw and tongue was starting to have that tingling sensation as it dozed off.

I brought my headphones and plugged them in to try to shut the drilling and cracking sounds out. Lucky, lucky me, the appointment was in the afternoon, and P3 Christer was playing! I zoomed out, and it really felt like Morgan and Christer, the two hosts, were sitting on each side of me just stroking my hands, making me feel at ease. Within minutes, they had turned my fidgeting to this surreal feeling of enjoyment, as I found myself giggling at the stories other listeners called in. The dentist was busy splitting my tooth in half and stretching the corner of my mouth so far it felt he was going to button it behind my ear. I could see the whole scene as a Japanese manga story board as my face was pulled in all directions like a rubber mask… And after only one hour, the stitches were made, shaving a whole half hour of the estimated time. Yay! I hope that the next days of healing will go as easy. I guess I’ll keep the radio running.


No comments: