Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Speaking of… ●2

…. surreal:

This morning, just a short while after I read your down jacket story, I was biking to the train station to get to work. I was in “no-mood-land”, not happy nor sad. Suddenly, on the side of the bike lane, I see the back of a woman, wearing a large monitor on her shoulders. I mentally rub my eyes and drop my jaw, but this is not a hallucination, she’s there.

I tilt towards happy.

While i ride pass her, I curse my self for not just stopping to take her picture. My first guess (having worked at an art academy…) is that this has to be a performance of some kind. Maybe she’s trying to state that we’re all just locked in our computorized workspaces, or what? I was smiling towards all the people I met, heading the opposite direction, thinking oh my are you gonna be surpriced in 5 seconds…

I got on the train and to work, still a bit bummed that I couldn’t show anyone what lovely morning curiosity I had seen. Going out for lunch in the town I work, I stumbled on her male counterpart… I knew what I had to do, so walked up to him and asked if I could take his picture. The monitor head nodded carefully and slowly. After taking the picture I asked what the purpose was. He mumbled something inaudiable and gave me a card.
To my big disapointment, it was an advertising drive for this recruitment company. Very clever, but I would have liked it way more if it was art…



No comments: